Re: Topband: Beverage question

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: Beverage question
From: herbs@surfvi.com
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2007 12:47:01 -0400
In John Devoldere's Low
> Band DXing book (second edition) he states to NOT run a beverage
> through the woods (unless you have shoes on!)

I think the later portion of the sentance was mistakenly omitted by the
printer in John's great low band treatise.

It is because of woods, thickets, hay fields, hedge rows and swamps so many of
us have chance to hear something good on 160 just after buying a roll of
electrical wire, a ground rod, and a 490 ohm resistor.

As the old timer used to
say, "If it works, it works."  Who can argue with that?

Herb Schoenbohm, KV4FZ