Topband: EU Dx.

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: EU Dx.
From: robert briggs <vk3zl@bigpond.com>
Date: Sat, 24 Feb 2007 09:47:07 +1100
Thought it time to file a report on my European Dx activity from here
for this summer season.Still a month or so left for this path for me so
I may get a few more contacts yet.
I started around mid November this season and made a fair number of
contacts but with the bushfire problems and my other duties I was unable
to devote a lot of my time to Dxing.However I have tried to get on
before my sunrise as often as possible and have managed to log 322 Dx
contacts until this morning,
There have been some impressive runs during January and February logging
many stations from pileups but generally the Dx has been spotty with 3
to 4 contacts a day rarely missing at least one EU a day.My best run was
on 03 Feb with 25 contacts missing many due to QRM from the pileup.
The icing on the cake was this morning around my sunrise at 20.16z after
working a few weak stations I got a call from YA/LY1Y.He was 579 here
and gave me 599.This makes this summer's effort more than worthwhile and
I am still grinning with pleasure as that was a first for me.I wonder
what is around the corner over the next few weeks.
Topband !!!!!! Has to be the ultimate.
Greetings all......Bob..VK3ZL..