Topband: guy line breaking ...

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: guy line breaking ...
From: VE2RYY <ve2ryy@globetrotter.net>
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2007 22:09:36 +0000
Hello
I am planning putting a 130ft guyed tower for 160 meter...
The vertical will be about 250 ft away from another tower. In the second tower
I have two yagis for 20 Meter and one for 40 Meter....There will not be any
antennas in the new 130ft guyed tower...
My question is.....should I break the guyed lines every 27 ft or so, or  break
each line so there won't any resonant lenghts  on 160 meter ....
With the second alternative I need two or three insulators in each guyed line.
But with the second one, I need many insulators beause each line is broken at
every 27 ft or so...
I would appreciate comment or any input ..
Thanks in advance
NOEL