Re: Topband: Inverted L or no Inverted L

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Inverted L or no Inverted L
From: "Alex" <kr1st@amsat.org>
Date: Sat, 8 Sep 2007 12:07:49 -0400
Dave wrote:

> If you can't slit the
> earth and install them, make some wire hairpins and they'll soon
> disappear as the grass grows over them.

That's exactly what I did. I only have a limited number of radials (12) for
my shortened inverted L in my dinky backyard, but quickly learned that
fertilizer and water are my friends. I put them on the grass and used
hairpins like Dave mentioned to keep them down. Then I used a good bit of
fertilizer and watered the lawn almost every night for a week of two, three,
four and they disappeared nicely. I have so many roots in my backyard that I
can't make a slit, so just putting them on the grass was the only option I
had.

73,
--Alex KR1ST