Re: Topband: Inverted L or no Inverted L

To: <kr1st@amsat.org>, <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Inverted L or no Inverted L
From: "Harold Smith" <w0rihps@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Sat, 8 Sep 2007 20:47:05 -0500

> Dave wrote:
>
>> If you can't slit the
>> earth and install them, make some wire hairpins and they'll soon
>> disappear as the grass grows over them.
>
> That's exactly what I did. I only have a limited number of radials (12)
> for
> my shortened inverted L in my dinky backyard, but quickly learned that
> fertilizer and water are my friends. I put them on the grass and used

Alex and all,

I had to run a new power cable to a small shed located about 30 ft from our
house.
I  rewired it with a 3 X #12 UF cable. This is about 3/4 X 3/8 inch in the
cross section.
Layed it on the ground in May of this year and was going to bury it.
Well, after 4 months, it is under the grass. Sure saved some digging.
73......... Price WØRI