Topband: (no subject)

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: (no subject)
From: barockteer@aol.com
Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2007 12:33:12 -0400
Iâm thinking about putting up a flag antenna for 160 and 80 meters. I
had an idea that I might build the vertical sections out of some  inch
copper pipe I have lying around. The horizontal wires would be 14 ga.
copperweld. I modeled this with 4nec2 and find that the increased
diameter of the vertical sections results in a reduced feedpoint and
termination impedance, down around 623 ohms, give or take. (This is for
the bottom wire only 2 feet above ground).

Anyone have any ideas, comments, suggestions?

-Tony, K1KP