Re: Topband: Unique Short Radial Challenge

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Unique Short Radial Challenge
From: "Eric Hilding" <b38@hilding.com>
Date: Sat, 20 Oct 2007 22:02:39 -0700
I wrote:

> If this is true, I'm open to ideas for how to handle affixing some radials
into the salt water with a 12 foot tide fluctuation, so that I stay within
> the 7 inch depth zone.  This may have to be done in the rain with very
high winds.  Umh, I'm now having second thoughts about this trip, but it's
all
> booked so I gotta grind-it-out :-)

Oh "DUH!"- I just realized if I had bare copper wire running out across the
rocks and weighted down just below the water a low tide, as the water level
increased, there would *always* be some connection between water level and 7
inches beneath it :-)  Hopefully it would not corrode/erode beyond
uselessness in the 3 days I only need it for.

Tnx & 73...

Rick, K6VVA