Topband: Delaware DX report

To: Topband <Topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Delaware DX report
From: Jon Zaimes AA1K <jz73@verizon.net>
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2007 08:33:30 -0500
C91KDJ was a new one at 0252z Sunday (my Saturday night), after hearing
him weak starting around 0230z. He peaked 579 a few minutes later, just
after his sunrise, and was still good copy when he left the band a half
hour later.

It's rare here to copy just one UA0 station, but Sunday morning three
Zone 18 UA0's called in -- between 1030-1115z, and I was able to pull
one out for a QSO. They were coming in direct path, over the North pole.
It took me a while to figure they were coming in best on the 25 degree
Beverage -- I don't hear much on that one but VE's, and I often wonder
if it is even working! I don't have a Beverage due North, and usually
the 320-degree or 342-degree phased pairs hear the UA0s in the morning.
Only one JA called in, at 1046z, just a minute or two before my sunrise.

Today I could just hear a trace of UA0SC. But from 1129-1208z I had
worked 16 JA stations, some peaking 579. Several of these were
first-time QSOs. The last JA heard was more than 30 minutes past sunrise.

Nice to hear the band perking up.

73/Jon AA1K
Felton, Delaware
www.aa1k.us