Re: Topband: Elevated Radial Efficiency - an inordinately long post

To: <Topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Elevated Radial Efficiency - an inordinately long post
From: W0UN -- John Brosnahan <shr@swtexas.net>
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2007 19:27:57 -0600
>....but not a single A-B FS measurement to back up the
>claims.

W5UN did extensive A-B measurements between a collocated
elevated radial system and an extensive, ground-mounted radial
system.  And Dave chose the elevated radial system for his
4-squares on 80 and 160.

>It all winds up being emotional that the low elevated
>systems "feel good" when the only real A B measurements
>prove otherwise. I feel good about a lot of things, but it
>doesn't mean my feelings are accurate or meaningful to
>anyone but me.

I am reluctant to characterize Dave's extensive results over many,
many months of testing although I have visited with him and looked
at his arrays.  The best I can do is to encourage him to make his
tests public.  And I know that he is very happy with his choice and
the performance of his two arrays.

--John  W0UN