Re: Topband: Why not add power class to SP TBDC exchange?

To: "Top Band Reflector" <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Why not add power class to SP TBDC exchange?
From: "Jim Brown" <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Mon, 31 Dec 2007 09:01:13 -0800
On Mon, 31 Dec 2007 07:49:10 -0500, Paul Kelley N1BUG wrote:

>I love the SP just the way it is, but I think this would be an
>interesting addition.

I STRONGLY support the addition of an indicator in the exchange for
power level. To me, one of the most important benefits of contesting
is studying propagation. Having the power level would be a big help
in that, as well as for the reason Rick suggested -- computing the
score.

I like the SP a LOT -- to me the only downside is the much smaller
number of stations participating, so it gets pretty slow once you've
worked a lot of them.

73,

Jim K9YC