Topband: Detuning an Antenna

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: Detuning an Antenna
From: "Mike(W5UC) & Kathy(k5MWH) Watson" <w5uc@suddenlink.net>
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2008 11:48:28 -0600
Good Morning Gents:

Please let me pose the following question:

I have an inverted L. At the bottom is a matching network consisting
of  two variable capacitors & an inductor in a T Network. Of course,
the capacitors are in series with each other, the coax, and antenna,
with the inductor connected between the junction of the capacitors &
ground.  If I insert another inductor in series with the present one
during RX, will that detune the antenna or just present a different
load to the antenna leaving it resonant and free to reradiate?

Thanks & 73,
Mike, W5UC