Topband: Broadcast interfence on a MFJ analyzer

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: Broadcast interfence on a MFJ analyzer
From: JAMESAMS88@aol.com
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2008 22:39:01 EST
I was having a awful time trying to work on my 160 vertical  using a MFJ 259
analyzer due to Broadcast interference from a local BC  station.  I had to
wait till the station went to night time low power then  it was getting dark
and
made it difficult to see what I was doing.  Later I  left the switch on and
ran the battery's down.  With fresh battery's I went  out and had no problem
with tuning the antenna with the MFJ in day  time.  I would think one should
check his battery's if he has problems  with BC interference. I don't know for
sure if a low battery  was my problem but if I have problems again I will check
my battery's in  the MFJ.  Jim WØNFL

48)