Topband: Rx power splitter

To: <Topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Rx power splitter
From: "Lee K7TJR" <k7tjr@msn.com>
Date: Thu, 7 Feb 2008 09:19:30 -0800
Pete: I suggest you use a Magic Tee combiner backwards.  To understand it you
can Google magic tee and look at the pages by Mike Ellis.  W8JI has some stuff
on them too. I use 7 of them in my one array and they work quite well. You only
need  two transformer cores and a resistor 2 times your cable impedance. You
could use 10 turns each side on an FT37-43 toroid or 3 turns each side of the
2873000202 binocular core for the Tee. The input Z of the Tee is then 37.5 ohms
if you use 75 ohm feedlines or 25 using 50 ohm line. You can step either of
these back up with a 7 to 5 turns toroid or 3 to 2  turns binocular
transformer.  Should be easy and work well. This is pretty well spelled out on
the Ellis pages. For best results terminate any unused ports. Also, the outputs
are in phase in case you wondered.
   Lee K7TJR Oregon