Topband: Daytime Propagation

To: Topband <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Daytime Propagation
From: Joe Giacobello <k2xx@swva.net>
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2008 13:54:38 -0500
"IF there is going to be a DX Window (and that's another discussion
entirely) it should be day and night since it is so easy for stations in
daylight to QRM stations in darkness who are still working lots of DX."

I'm glad this subject came up because I've noticed that during 160M
contests, US stations often call CQ and establish run frequencies in
this window (1830-1835), making it very difficult to hear and work DX.
Yet, I've never heard anyone on this forum object to the practice.  Am I
wrong to assume that this practice ought to be discouraged or is the
sanctity of the window waived during contests?

73, Joe
K2XX