Re: Topband: Overcoming severe QRN

To: TopBand List <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Overcoming severe QRN
From: Art <k6xt@arrl.net>
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2008 20:32:45 -0700
[Snip]
> W2PM Replies>
[Snip
He also told
> me to set the sidetown as low as I could here and ran his rig sub 350hz.

In ARRL CW this wkend a LZ came up on 40 maybe S5. Only thing, a
California 6 was CQn about 50Hz up the band maybe S9++. What's a fella
to do? New mult, Sunday AM at sunrise, last chance. I set the audio as
low as it would go, maybe 150Hz so the 50Hz difference became a large
percentage of the audio freq. The LZ popped right out. It works like
magic. Oh, and turned AGC off too. It's a older rig (IC765) without DSP
where turning off the AGC actually turns it off. Probably could not have
done this with my Orion.

73 Gud DX
Art the Colorado 6