Topband: WA0RCR transmissions

To: <jim@n7us.net>, <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>, "topband" <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: WA0RCR transmissions
From: "Jim Monahan" <K1PX@msn.com>
Date: Mon, 3 Mar 2008 09:53:40 -0500
While I'm likely not the only one to investigate this matter, I have
a folder of correspondence with Vernon Jackson, the FCC and notes I
took as a result of an "eyeball QSO" I had with him at Dayton
regarding his broadcast news operations a few years ago.

In a nutshell, he started this "service" many years ago because
others asked him to do it(!)

He used to transmit several nights a week but in recent years
that has been cut back to just Saturday nights.

The FCC position at the time of the correspondence with them
was that since it was only a few hours one night a week, it
was not worth considering any action to terminate his activities.

They also noted that there are other stations that participate
in one way bulletin transmissions.

73, Jim, K1PX

K1PX@msn.com<mailto:K1PX@msn.com>