Topband: Beverage wire?

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Beverage wire?
From: "AD5VJ Bob" <rtnmi@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Tue, 4 Mar 2008 19:44:15 -0600
Working from -  three 250 foot cable assemblies.

I removed the outer rubber jacket and it exposed 10 wires (paired) wrapped in
foil which are of course 250 foot long each giving me
a total of 2,500 foot of wire times 3.

I know from reading the reflector that a small portion of all of this (2 wires
tied together) (500 foot) gives me enough for a small
beverage antenna with plenty left over to play with for a while (loops,
dipoles, ect).

I also just acquired a preamp, AMECO PLF-2 (1.8 thru 54 MHz) which has 20 db
gain (works and looks like it was brand new).

After all the qualifiers, my question is this:
The gauge of wire is around 22 gauge.

Can a beverage (since it is rx only) be made from this small of wire as long as
it is supported well enough and would I have to
remove the individual wires insulation or can I leave it on the wire?

   73 fer nw es gud DX,
QSL VIA: LotW, BUR, e-QSL
Bob AD5VJ
http://www.ad5vj.com/
Old Calls WB5ZQU, WY5L/KH3, KE5CTY, N5IET