Re: Topband: Congrats to RA4LW and W7LR

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: Congrats to RA4LW and W7LR
From: "Bill Tippett" <btippett@alum.mit.edu>
Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2008 06:42:46 -0400
I wrote:

>  WAS is extremely difficult for anyone from that
>  area and this could be the first time anyone has done it from Zone 16
>  (perhaps RA6AX or UA6LV have...they are farther south so it's a little
>  easier for them).

        Well I should always read the fine print!  Underneath his
WAS certificate Vlad says "only three hams from EU Russia have this
certificate, - they are UA6LV, RA6AX, ... and me finally."  So congrats
to Vlad UA6LV and John RA6AX...and to Vlad RA4LW for being the
first from the UA4 region!

                                                 73,  Bill  W4ZV