Re: Topband: RG8X for Top Band receiving antennas

To: TopBand <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: RG8X for Top Band receiving antennas
From: "Mike DeChristopher, K1KAA" <k1kaa@arrl.net>
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2008 16:48:40 -0400
Loss isn't a huge issue, but the big issue is wear on the cable.  If
you're planning on leaving this coax above ground, it will see a good
deal of UV.  If you bury it or have it on the ground, animals and water
will be a problem (along with winter ground temp changes, depending on
your climate).  I will be using buryflex later this summer when I put up
an RX loop (the coax run will be above ground), if only because I don't
feel like replacing it for a while...and it was free.  Good luck,

--

Mike DeChristopher, K1KAA
k1kaa@arrl.net