Topband: MT report

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: MT report
From: W7lr@aol.com
Date: Thu, 4 Sep 2008 10:21:15 EDT
We hardly ever know how to predict what will happen on 160.  This will  be an
example of that. You just need to be there and listen.

Last evening the spotlight went to South America. Normally contacts with SA
are difficult.
Between 0230z and 0330z I had 4 qsos with SA. Hardly any qrn or qsb.  All
their signals were at least 579.  My reports were 579, and three  599s.  Two of
the stations stopped to comment on the 599s:  a real  599; and, did you put up
a 160 Yagi for such a big signal?  This is unheard  of for me, usually 559s.

Only F5IN heard 559 from Europe, no qso.  But since late Aug and early  Sept,
7 openings to EU and 31 qsos. QSO ZS1JX at 04z for earliest WAC yet.   That
one was not so easy, qrn, qsb, and some 459 reports.

73, Bob W7LR in MT

deal here.