Topband: Stew Perry Warm-Up

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: Stew Perry Warm-Up
From: "Victor A. Kean, Jr." <vkean@k1lt.com>
Date: Sun, 19 Oct 2008 14:39:16 -0400
After the contest was over, I like to do a little "ego-surfing"
by looking to see how many times I was spotted on the spotting
networks.  However, this time I was a bit disturbed to see more
spots from stations that I did not work than normal.  Several
of those would have been multipliers in a multiplier style test.

To me here in Ohio, it seemed like activity from central Europe
was missing compared to last year.  I worked several UK stations,
one each EI, PA, and F, and a couple of DLs in western Europe,
and a few UAs and URs in eastern Europe, but nothing in between.
I worked 2 S5s, an I, an SV, and a couple of SMs, but no OKs,
HAs, LZs, SPs, OMs, or LYs.

Was I in the central Europe "anti-spotlight" this year?  Or did
the Worked All Germany contest divert the Europeans to the higher
bands?  Has my station become an alligator, and I failed to hear
workable callers?

I did fall asleep in the chair while CQing a couple of times, but
nothing longer than about 15 minutes.  If someone wants to tell
me how I was a lid, that would be great so I can learn from my
mistakes.

Thanks!

Victor, K1LT