Topband: 160m (& 6m) MOBILE antennas?

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: 160m (& 6m) MOBILE antennas?
From: "Mike & Coreen Smith" <ve9aa@nbnet.nb.ca>
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2008 12:07:06 -0400
Any of you out there running 160m MOBILE for DX work?
I am looking for a r/c screwdriver-type of antenna that will run 6m -and-
160m mobile. (and all bands in between).

I've read a lot of the reviews at eHam, but seems a lot of the guys that are
there, are using it for very short distance SSB contacts,
(1 or 2 States away) and often up around 19XX KHz, whereas my specific
interest is around 1830kHz CW for *DX.*

Ditto for 6m........DX !

Years ago I did have a (10m-80m) Webster BandSpanner that I modified with a
huge top coil and massive capacity hat
to get it to resonate on 160m, but I don't really want to go down that road
again...It was real ugly (even to my eye!) and
unweildy.

Looking for advice, hints, kinks, or even offers of mobile antennas you have
for sale '-)

73 de Mike VE9AA

Mike, Coreen & Corey Smith
699 Rte 616 Keswick Ridge