Topband: Multiple Beverage Grounding

To: "Topband" <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Multiple Beverage Grounding
From: "Herbert Schoenbohm" <herbs@surfvi.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2008 15:07:11 -0400
Sure could use your advice on this.  I have 4 Beverage RX antennas, two 2 wire
DXE ladder line reversible and two single wire 800 footers that all originate
within 15 feet at their starting point.  Each matching unit has it own 4 foot
copper ground rod. I am concerned that hooking all these ground rods together
may change the performance. Would this make things more stable or distort the
patterns and introduce noise etc.  I am under the belief that more grounds at
the origin of thre Beverage should be better but have no way to substantiate
this.  At audio, where good isolation and common grounding is the key to
success,  we would avoid this practice due to the possible introduction of
ground loops and hum.  Is weak sighnal RF at 1.8 Mhz any different?  Does it
matter?  Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Herb Schoenbohm, KV4FZ