Re: Topband: Multiple Beverage Grounding

To: "Topband" <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Multiple Beverage Grounding
From: "Jim Brown" <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2008 11:41:37 -0800
On Thu, 20 Nov 2008 15:07:11 -0400, Herbert Schoenbohm wrote:

>Any suggestions?

I don't consider myself an expert on the common grounding aspect of
it, but I would be inclined NOT to bus them together. One thing I
strongly recommend is a SERIOUS coax choke on each coax that comes
home. Follow the recommendations in my Choke Cookbook for the bands
you want the Beverage to cover, aiming for 5K ohms of common mode Z.
My Beverages use 8 turns through one of the "Big Clamp-Ons" of #31
Fair-Rite material described in

http://audiosystemsgroup.com/RFI-Ham.pdf

Jim Brown K9YC