Topband: NA sunset opening

To: "Topband" <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: NA sunset opening
From: "Lennart" <lennart.michaelsson@telia.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2008 12:22:39 +0100
G'day all,
Turned on my K3 just to check condx around 00.00 z (that is 0100 local) and
much to my surprise the band was wide open to NA with several eastcoast
stations way over S9. A few min's later the northern part of NA westcoast
started rolling in, strongest was Jim W7ZQ , 599 on my TX vertical but N6TR and
VE7UZ had good signals, best on my tiny rx 4 square. That must have been just
around westcoast SS. Later on some W5's had good signals but SM7BIC went zzz.
160 has almost turned into 24/7/365 hobby!
73
Len
SM7BIC