Re: Topband: Matching Transformer

To: <herbs@surfvi.com>, "'Jim Brown'" <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Matching Transformer
From: "Joe Subich, W4TV" <lists@subich.com>
Date: Sun, 28 Dec 2008 12:27:17 -0500
> Here it is:......a ROG or radial on ground (attached only to
> the tower ground) gains some length due to the VF laying on
> earth.....this allows for shorter radials that appear to be
> at RF longer.

Radials on the ground are not resonant.  In that application
you don't care about resonance as they are simply a device
for collecting the return currents and increasing conductivity
in the ground.  Quite simply, with on/in ground radials, it is
the area they cover that is important ... not whether they are
resonant.

73,

   ... Joe, W4TV