Topband: contest conditions

To: "Topband" <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: contest conditions
From: "Gary Nichols" <kd9sv@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 25 Jan 2009 16:06:15 -0400
I did not contest this year however my friend Carl, K9LA came over and
operated my meager station for about 3 hours Friday and 2 hours Saturday.
He never called CQ once but just cruised up and down the bands looking for
DX and he reports that he worked 60 DX countries in less than 6 hours.
Amazing conditions.he did manage to work EY8MM Friday night and I heard him
work UA0CWA (zone 19) from his own station this morning.  Guess I dont  have
the fight left in me to compete with the youngsters anymore.  73, de gary,
kd9sv