Re: Topband: Voltage rating of matching capacitor(s)

To: k8gg@voyager.net,n4zr@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: Voltage rating of matching capacitor(s)
From: Paul Baldock <pbaldock@verizon.net>
Date: Wed, 29 Jul 2009 08:53:28 -0700
For the Traditional Cs/Cp Omega Match, Cp the shunt capacitor is
between the antenna and ground so it has to withstand substantially
the same voltage as the series capacitor, which is many KV.

In my shunt fed tower setup the shunt capacitor is around 75pF and
for that I use a short piece of hardline. This is obviously a fixed value.

My series capacitor is a gigantic air variable with about 3/8"
spacing between plates.

Paul - KW7Y