Re: Topband: DX-Enginneering Active Antenna System

To: Bob Kile <midnight18@cox.net>
Subject: Re: Topband: DX-Enginneering Active Antenna System
From: Paul Dulaff <pdulaff@embarqmail.com>
Date: Fri, 2 Oct 2009 06:29:12 -0400 (EDT)
Bob

I am constructing a DXE style receive 4 square using shortened verticals with
ICE 135B preamps for each active antenna. I will use a small choke and resistor
is series at each preamp to impedance match the short vertical to the preamp
input at 1.8 Mhz. I will also need to modify the ICE amps for power input thru
their RF output connectors. I bought the DXE RFS-2 switching/phase delay box
and I am homebrewing everything else. I have everything I need  cable, control
wire, etc purchased now and I figure I reduced the cost by 50% from what the
off the shelf DXE receive 4 square solution would cost. I have to now assemble
and test to see how well it works. I can report progress later this year.

Paul - WB2NMI