Topband: Capacity Hat Wires not across from each other.

To: Topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: Capacity Hat Wires not across from each other.
From: Bruce Osterberg <n9bx@mchsi.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Oct 2009 22:11:13 -0500
Hello:

When I model a 70' Vertical with Capacity Wires that slope down from
each other at a 180 Degree From the Top, they show a nice clean Pattern
and Great op Loading.

But in Reality, I cannot get 180 Degrees, (top Hat wires Opposite of
each other), because of a Tree in One direction.

How much of a degradation of Pattern would I have if the top Hat wires
were 140 Degrees from each other?  I think they still would provide
proper loading but what effect would they have on the Pattern and
efficiency or would I notice any difference?

Thanks, This will be a weekend Project.

Bruce N9BX