Re: Topband: 160m in RTTY Contests

To: "F8BPN" <f8bpn@wanadoo.fr>
Subject: Re: Topband: 160m in RTTY Contests
From: "Glenn Wyant" <va3dx@sympatico.ca>
Date: Tue, 27 Oct 2009 18:36:19 -0400
IMHO

This will be a domestic contest...
Interferance to ssb and cw cant be avoided
No matter what frequency range you decide on , someone countries will
be left in the cold ( if and only if there was international propagation ).

Is it REALLY NEEDED ? I dont think so , as 80 thru 10 meters
provides plenty of qsos... and the possible bad feelings towards any RTTY
interference may be not worth the effort.

I enjoy and particpate in RTTY contests , I have 160 antennas , however I
would not particate in any 160 RTTY , due to the bad mix of modes.

Glenn VA3DX

Subject: Topband: 160m in RTTY Contests