Topband: 160m in RTTY Contests

To: "a Topband COL" <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: 160m in RTTY Contests
From: "Thomas F. Giella NZ4O" <nz4o@tampabay.rr.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Oct 2009 08:10:30 -0400
I'm all for RTTY contests on 160 meters. CW and SSB contests occur on 160
meters so why not digital?!

I've been a regular operator on 160 meters for 20 years and have watched the
band go from crowded to virtually and empty wasteland, mainly due to many
hams becoming SK's and/or moving into assisted living facilities. I believe
in the concept of use the bands or lose the bands.

I'm retired and have time to be a full time ham and can tell you that all
the MF/HF bands they are very underutilized during the work week and not
very
busy on the weekends when no contests are scheduled. Weekend contests
populate otherwise empty bands, a good argument for contesting.

Just my .04 cents (due to inflation).

73 & GUD DX,
Thomas F. Giella, NZ4O
Lakeland, FL, USA
nz4o@arrl.net

COL LF/MF/HF/VHF/UHF Frequency Radiowave Propagation Email Reflector: