Re: Topband: Level Playing Field

To: "a Topband COL" <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Level Playing Field
From: "Thomas F. Giella NZ4O" <nz4o@tampabay.rr.com>
Date: Sat, 31 Oct 2009 08:51:28 -0400
I live on a suburban city lot of just under 1/2 acre with a high QRN level.
My transmit antenna is a 1/4 wave coaxial inverted L with a 40 foot vertical
section. My receive antenna is an 8 foot diameter coaxial loop.

It's difficult for me to get through the RF wall of the Mid Atlantic and New
England regions when trying to work Europe. Often times propagation does not
favor Florida to Europe.

I will never win any of the 160 meter contests but it sure is fun to play in
them. I do it for the challenge not the paper.

73 & GUD DX,
Thomas F. Giella, NZ4O
Lakeland, FL, USA
nz4o@arrl.net

COL LF/MF/HF/VHF/UHF Frequency Radiowave Propagation Email Reflector: