Re: Topband: Trees And RF - Suggested Test

To: n4zr@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: Trees And RF - Suggested Test
From: Herb Schoenbohm <herbs@vitelcom.net>
Date: Tue, 03 Nov 2009 16:50:00 -0400
To heck with the tests!

If I had a 120 foot tall tree in my backyard I would hang a 3 or 4 wire
cage around it from top to bottom.  The tree would not bother you much
but the cage sure would do its job in providing a good broadband and
efficient radiator.  At RF the tree wet or dry  would have a minimal
impact on the radiation pattern but do its job by supporting the
radiation cage for you.

Herb Schoenbohm, KV4FZ