Re: Topband: Trees and RF

To: Dennis W0JX <w0jx@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Trees and RF
From: Guy Olinger K2AV <olinger@bellsouth.net>
Date: Wed, 4 Nov 2009 17:22:21 -0500
What may be of more effect is the seasonal effect that forestation has on
the water content of the ground by roots passing water on to the leaves for
evaporation.  The cooling effect of this evaporation is the source of the
early evening cool air out of the woods once the sun is down.  This
materially ceases once the leaves are down.

Ask someone who has had a tree growing next to their house. With a
foundation in ground with some degree of clay, cracks appear in a foundation
due to ground shrinkage by the tree evaporating ground water through its
leaves.

When the leaves go down, the ground stays wetter and the RF charactistics of
the ground change.

73, Guy.