Re: Topband: Trees and RF

To: "topband" <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Trees and RF
From: kl7ra@ptialaska.net
Date: Tue, 3 Nov 2009 16:38:42 -0900 (AKST)
>Folks with a better understanding of the reasons for the frequency
>excursion might offer an explanation. I just vary the vertical wire
>length to fix and live with the required adjustment.
>
>73, Gary NL7Y

I may not have a better understanding but I lived about 20 miles
from Gary's qth with a full size quarter wave vertical for 160
that did the same thing. Adding more radials stopped it and the
antenna was stable summer and winter. I believe it has nothing
to do with the trees but ground soil conductivity or lack of
same.

73 Rich KL7RA