Topband: Ground Radials & Multi-Element Antennas

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: Ground Radials & Multi-Element Antennas
From: Dennis OConnor <ad4hk2004@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 5 Nov 2009 07:04:27 -0800 (PST)
I hear you on Eddy and there is no deficiency in your signal...
My opinion is that interconnecting radial systems is a waste of time, if not a
mistake...
And for those who believe in interconnected systems, yes I have read all the
articles out there on it and read the archives on the various chat groups... I
am aware that in huge radial field antenna systems, such as COmmercial
Broadcast, VOA, NSA, etc. they do run a common buss bar across the center
between adjacent towers and terminate the radials there to save themselves 10
or 20 miles of extra wire...  We little pistols do not have their needs... Save
yourself the effort...

denny / k8do