Re: Topband: Electrical height of short shunt fed tower?

To: "Mike & Coreen Smith" <ve9aa@nbnet.nb.ca>
Subject: Re: Topband: Electrical height of short shunt fed tower?
From: DAVID CUTHBERT <telegrapher9@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 9 Nov 2009 19:14:09 -0700
Mike,

with the bottom Yagi only the modeled tower resonant frequency is 2.6 MHz.
With the top Yagi added the resonant frequency is 2.0 MHz. The current is
uniform along the first 48' and drops to one half for the next 16'.

It looks like a great candidate for top band with a radiation resistance of
15 ohms at 1.8 MHz.

    Dave WX7G