Re: Topband: coax loops...

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: coax loops...
From: "Roy" <royanjoy@ncn.net>
Date: Mon, 16 Nov 2009 11:10:34 -0600
Concerning,

"...I would like to be the thousandth who asks the same old question - do,
in
your experience, small coax loops work?...(etc.)"

I have had identical results to yours. W8JI et al have dispelled the myth
that the various 'fields' are separated, etc. In a nut shell it turns out
that the inner coax conductor simply induces currents into the outer shield,
which in turn performs as the operative element of the antenna, same as any
other small sized loop. This is my understanding in non-scientific terms.
Forget about the shield and build it as an army loop or a multi-turn design.

73,   Roy    K6XK