Topband: Condx during ARRL 160

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: Condx during ARRL 160
From: calle.jonsson@sverige.nu
Date: Sun, 6 Dec 2009 17:10:58 +0100 (CET)
Condx during ARRL 160 m contest were quite amazing. I regret that I didn´t
take part full time. I just had time to listen during the morning hours on
saturday and sunday. On sunday morning at 11.00 local time I heard several
stations (NR6O, W0AIH, K9DX, WD5COV among otrs) and that is 3 and a half
hour past our sunrise!! I´m on 58 degrees north and we have about 8 hours
of daylight right now.
I noticed that some stations replied instantly on my call (i.e. K0RF,
N7DD) but with others it took some time. It would be interesting to know
how the noise level is in the States during this contest. Or is it the rx
antennas?
Some stations came in with very good signals around greyline like K7RAT,
AC6DD, W7CT, N0TT, K0KT etc.
One problem in Europe is that a tiny number of stations likes to call CQ
test. It´s not very amusing when at the same time you hear US stations
call CQ below them. In SM we are restricted to 1810-1850. Below 1820 we
have qrm from buoys so it doesn´t take many stations to lock the band
completely.
73 SM6CPY Carl

Skaffa gratis e-post du också på http://www.sverige.nu