Re: Topband: Ks vs IC7600

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Ks vs IC7600
From: "Mel Crichton" <kj9c@iquest.net>
Date: Sun, 6 Dec 2009 11:49:46 -0500
I don't have a 7600 but I do have a K3 and a 1000MP fully loaded with INRAD
filters in both IFs. The MP has always been my "contest radio" because it's
easier to get to its controls (no menu pushbuttons)

But for this weekend's 160 contest I used the K3 and put my receive antennas on
the subreceiver.... the main receiver listened on the inverted L

What a difference! As signals faded from one receiver they showed up in the
other. Rarely had to ask for a fill (except from guys that I was pretty sure
were QRP or using 40 meter dipoles to transmit). The DSP noise reduction also
helped.

A strong testimony for two receivers using separate antennas (something the MP
second receiver can't do)

Mel KJ9C