Re: Topband: 160 Meter Propagation

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: 160 Meter Propagation
From: "Luis Mansutti IV3PRK" <luisprk@tin.it>
Date: Thu, 24 Dec 2009 16:23:35 +0100
>Interesting site, but I see the neutrons were abt +1.5 on both 20th and
>21st.  Prop was great on the 20th, but non-existent on the 21st.  Must
>be another factor somewhere!
>73, Greg, ZL3IX

> I believe the cosmic ray count decrease parameter should be used as a
> long term indicator of DXing - not as a sure-fire daily indicator. And I
> agree with your last sentence - there is at least one other variable
> (more than likely more than just one!) running around out there that we
> don't have a handle on yet.
> Carl K9LA

Carl and Greg,

I fully agree with your comments and just updated these pages on my website,
after the last two openings with ZL3IX:
http://www.iv3prk.it/new-zealand.htm
http://www.iv3prk.it/oceania.htm
http://www.iv3prk.it/last-3-months.htm

It would be interesting to keep propagation tests with you Greg also during
the years of solar maximum!

Merry Christmas and an Happy New Year to all

Luis IV3PRK