Re: Topband: Europrean SDR on 160M

To: "TopBand" <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Europrean SDR on 160M
From: "David Raymond" <daraymond@iowatelecom.net>
Date: Tue, 29 Dec 2009 17:19:12 -0600
I did some testing with the HB9FX site. The receiver hears well. With just 100 watts my signal from Iowa was Q5 in the SDR at my SS. While it was fascinating to hear my own signal (and other DX signals that I could not even detect here at home), this beckons an opportunity for cheating that will likely be too tempting for some to resist. I fear this sort of thing could diminish the validity of our hard earned DXCC entity totals.

73 and Happy New Year to all. . .Dave
W0FLS

----- Original Message ----- From: "Frank" <fdavis@nfld.net>