Re: Topband: 160M LDE

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: 160M LDE
From: <dbevan@datacheck.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Jan 2010 14:14:59 -0800
I have recently experienced an echo on 160M that is
delayed only a fraction of a second, I would rather refer
to it as backscatter. Since using a FlexRadio 1000 I have
been able te receive weak signals only a few ms after
letting up the key. I noticed this during periods of
extreem QSB while sending CQ. When the echo was heard I
got calls from EU. When the echo was not there I got no
replies. The echo was only heard on my EU Beverage
antenna.

Has anybody else heard this? It may be a good indicator
that the band is open over the pole.

Darrell, N6DX

UR RST IS ... ... ..9 QSB QSB - hw? BK