Topband: Inrad Roofing Filter for FT1000D

To: <Topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Inrad Roofing Filter for FT1000D
From: "w8uvz" <w8uvz@voyager.net>
Date: Wed, 24 Feb 2010 09:11:20 -0500
Additional comments on the Inrad roofing filter have come from:

W0RIC
W0FLS
K2KW
W3GH
AA1K
VK3ZL
K7NJ/4X4NJ
K1GUN
K8NA
W4ZV
VE6LB
DL7ZZ
and K2XA

That's a lot of good feedback from a great reflector.

Comments continue positive - just varied as to the amount of improvement in
strong signal environments.

Some, knowing I also have a K3, made suggestions in that arena.

In the end, I had decided not to make the add'l investment in the roofing
filter.  But one of the respondents made an offer not easily refused.  So
thank him for a new roofing filter on the way.  Cool!

BTW, we have modified the FT1000D for diversity rx.  And installed the K0FF
mod to bring that switching to the front panel (dimmer switch).  Tks to
W8VVG for the install help.

Bottom line.  New life for my old favorite FT1000D. An old time radio
(relatively speaking, of course) for an OT op.

Thanks to all who responded.  Hope I didn't overlook anyone.

73  George  W8UVZ

UR RST IS ... ... ..9 QSB QSB - hw? BK