Re: Topband: suitable wire for top loading wires?

To: "John Bastin" <bastinj@gmail.com>, <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: suitable wire for top loading wires?
From: "Gert Meinen" <pa3aav@hetnet.nl>
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2010 16:51:24 +0100
John,

You can throw or shoot a small rope over the tree, attach a pulley on the
end of this rope and route a second rope through the pulley.
One end of the second rope goes to the end of your top loading wire the,
other end to a small counterweight.
Pull the pulley into the top of the tree with the first rope and tie the end
to the trunk of the tree.
Adjust the height and weight of the counterweight to your needs so that the
wire hangs fairly straight and the counterweight just above the ground (or
any other convenient height). This will ensure that the toploading wire has
constant tension regardless the movement of the tree in the wind.
Works here for over a decade..

73 Gert,  PA3AAV