Re: Topband: Bob NM7M SK

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: Bob NM7M SK
From: Nick Hall-Patch <nhp@ieee.org>
Date: Tue, 25 May 2010 05:35:34 +0000
Thanks for passing this on Carl.   Bob was a great inspiration to those of us
trying to understand medium frequency propagation.   I'm sorry I never met him
personally in spite of our geographical closeness, but he sure helped me a
great deal via e-mail when I was working some years back on an article about a
medium wave signal strength logger and its use in propagation studies.  It was
an honor to be guided by such an accomplished person.

Nick
VE7DXR

At 18:17 5/23/2010, you wrote:
>Topbanders,
>
>I received a phone call this afternoon from one of Bob NM7M's daughters
>(Janet). He passed away this morning due to cardiac arrest. Janet said a
>memorial service will be held on Wednesday in Anacortes. Bob was born in
>1923, and was a retired professor of physics.
>
>Bob contributed a lot to this reflector with respect to the mysteries of
>160m propagation. Vicky and I always enjoyed our visits with him when we
>attended the Northwest DX Conventions.
>
>Carl K9LA

>UR RST IS ... ... ..9 QSB QSB - hw? BK

Nick Hall-Patch