Re: Topband: Fw: The 500 Foot Beverage

To: "Victor A. Kean, Jr." <vkean@k1lt.com>, <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Fw: The 500 Foot Beverage
From: "Robin" <wb6tza@socal.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2010 02:53:31 -0700
with a two wire balanced feed and reflection transformers, etc, it will end
up behaving as separate beverages, mostly, - if all the energy paths and
phases are attended to, it could work, but might get a bit messy to keep in
balance-- but it will act like a beverage (a pair of beverages), and any
beverage is better than no beverage.

Build it and see, Obviously your package is working for you.  Never the
less, a center fed single wire beverage center "dipole fed" with the ends
terminated should not function like a beverage- although it might work like
a bi-directional beverage, if the termination's are anywhere near the right
values to avoid reflections, and the resulting cancellation.

Robin