Topband: matching 5/16 inverted-L question

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: matching 5/16 inverted-L question
From: sasas asasas <tzitzikas_ee@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2010 10:35:04 -0700 (PDT)
Hi, i have an 5/16 inverted-L nad for matching with my 50ohm transmitter i am
using just a series variable capacitor 0-500pf. I am using 1 meter coaxial
50ohm cable to connect the transmitter with the capacitor and the antenna is
connected directly to the capacitor. The capacitor is in a box with silicon
oil. The swr now is about 1.1 .
Because of, i am thinking to move the antennas feed point out of the
transmitter's metal house (now the variable capacitor and the feed point are
into the transmittr's metal house)
i have decide to use about 2 meters coaxial 50ohm cable to connect the
capacitor (which will be stay into the house) and the antennas feed point
(which will be out of the metal house).
I would like to ask you if this additional coaxial cable will produce any
problem as regards the antenna's matching. I ask you that, because i know that,
this additional cable will produce a paraller capacitance between antenna's
feedpoint and the ground. The series variable capacitor can cancel this
paraller capacitance? I will need something else to cancel this capacitance,
like a variable coil?
I would not like to move the variable capacitor out of the metal house, to
connect it directly to the antenna's feed point because of the rain.
thank you very much.

UR RST IS ... ... ..9 QSB QSB - hw? BK