Topband: 160m Fishing Beacons

To: nick@clockmaker.com.au
Subject: Topband: 160m Fishing Beacons
From: Ray Benny <rayn6vr@cableone.net>
Date: Sat, 25 Sep 2010 10:15:12 -0700
Nick,

I'm glad someone is picking up the fishing beacon documentation and history.
I believe it is you that is wanting to keep an SWL log of beacons heard. If
not, pse let me know who is.
http://www.genesisradio.com.au/VK2DX/fishnet.html

I have made up my own Excel SWL list, it is attached. I have added several
extra columns: my sunrise, WWV, and relative signal strength and a note
field. I am new to 160m and currently only listen a couple times a
week during our sunrise. When I got on 160m and started logging the beacons
heard, I did not record the date, signal strength or WWV.

Let me know if you would like more of these SWL lists from me.

Ray, N6VR

near Prescott, AZ

PS, my rx/tx antenna is a simple 30ft tall Inverted L with about 10 radials.
UR RST IS ... ... ..9 QSB QSB - hw? BK